Heritage enthusiasts wanted with a keen interest in researching and sharing information on local heritage, specifically Ellington Park, Ramsgate. Good ICT skills including Email, Microsoft Word, Excel and ideally Photoshop is useful and the ability to collate, record, document and organise research information to develop Ellington Park digital Community Archive and Catalogue.
Commitment: 2 days training in august (28th and 29th) and 0.5 day per week summer 2019, spring & summer 2020 (ideally Wednesday and Fridays
· Learn about archives including how to create a collection, digitise and catalogue items of heritage interest relating to Ellington Park
· Learn how to scan documents and record key information about archive items
· FREE training in archive catalogue process to library standards and website content management
· Learn how to work with archive policy and plans to develop a digital community archive
· Supporting the preservation of the heritage of Ellington Park for future generations.